2013/10/23

alone with God _ 10/21 Psalms 118:10-18










Many enemies were around me; but I destroyed them by the power of the Lord !
They were around me on every side; but I destroyed them by the power of the Lord !
They swarmed around me like bees, but they burned out as quickly as a brush fire; by the power of the Lord I destroyed them.
I was fiercely attacked and was being defeated, but the Lord makes me powerful and strong; he has saved me.
Listen to the glad shouts of victory in the tents of God's people: "The Lord's mighty power has done it ! His power has brought us victory - his mighty power in battle !"
I will not die; instead, I will live and proclaim what the Lord has done.
He has punished me severely, but he has not let me die.


What have I learned from the scripture?
What do I get further understanding about God?
What kind of God I serve or follow up?
What promises will I receive?
What kind of attitudes must be kept or adjusted?
What kind of sins do I have to confess?
what kind of good examples can I learn and act?
What have I heard from God by the scripture above?


get further understanding about God:

  • God loves me deeply.
  • God saves me all the time.
  • God is standing by me all the time.
  • God helps me as quickly as I call for Him.
  • God fights all battles for me.


promises:

  • The power of the Lord is Almighty.
  • The power of the Lord destroys all the enemies around me.
  • The power of the Lord has anointed me.
  • The power of the Lord is inside of me.
  • The power of the Lord brings me victory.
  • The Lord I belong to and serve is the One who has unlimited power, not powerless ones.

attitudes:

  • Instead of depending on my own, I must depend on the Lord. 
  • Because the power of the Lord makes me powerful to destroy addiction.
  • Because the power of the Lord makes me strong to destroy sadness.
  • Because the power of the Lord makes me powerful to destroy illness.
  • Because the power of the Lord makes me strong to destroy unhappiness.
  • Because the power of the Lord makes me powerful to destroy negative emotion.
  • My attitude must be I have the power of the Lord inside of me.


sins:

  • O Lord, please forgive me that I have doubted Your unlimited power whether inside of me.


good examples:

  • To proclaim what God has done wonderful things for me. 
  • To proclaim what God will have been doing wonderful things for me.


listen to God's voice and commands:

  • "He has punished me severely, but he has not let me die.
  • My child,
  • All though you have done something wrong to make me angry, I still love you so much. 
  • I won't let you die in the smoking. 
  • I would love to give you power to get rid of it and set you free from this addiction.