2013/12/20

12/19_ alone with God _ Psalms 144:1-8












Praise the Lord, my protector !  He trains me for battle and prepares me for war.
He is my protector and defender, my shelter and savior, in whom I trust for safety.
He subdues the nations under me.
Lord, what are mortals, that you notice them; mere mortals, that you pay attention to us?
We are like a puff of wind; our days are like a passing shadow.
O Lord, tear the sky open and come down; touch the mountains, and they will pour out smoke.
Send flashes of lightning and scatter your enemies; shoot your arrows and send them running.
Reach down from above, pull me out of the deep water, and rescue me; save me from the power of foreigners, who never tell the truth and lie even under oath.




What have I learned from the scripture?
What kind of Seed do I need to sow?
What kind of God I serve or follow up?
What promises will I receive?
What kind of attitudes must be kept or adjusted?
What kind of sins do I have to confess?
what kind of good examples can I learn and act?
What have I heard from God by the scripture above?


get further understanding about God:

  • The Lord is my protector.
  • The Lord is my defender.
  • The Lord is my shelter.
  • The Lord is my savior.


promises:

  • The Lord empowers me to subdue all things under me.
  • The Lord pays attention to me all the time.
  • God will scatter my enemies and send them running.


attitudes:

  • I must trust in the Lord for safety.
  • Life is short. So I must take it seriously.
  • Days are like a passing shadow, so I must enjoy my life every day.


sins:

  • O Lord, thank You for forgiving me that I used to say You were not real.


good examples:

  • To be a protector, a defender, a shelter or helper to my family members.


listen to God's voice and commands:

  • My child, 
  • I will rescue you and pull you out of the deep smoking water.
  • However, you need to trust in me and lift up your hands toward me.
  • Then, you will be saved.

  • My child, 
  • I will help you indeed.
  • I will help you to fight the battles.
  • What you need to do is to take your time to pray.
  • Why?
  • Because I am training you for the battle.
  • Please, do not worry too much. I will empower you for the war.
  • Don't you want to be stronger?
  • I am preparing you for war and I will give victory to you.
  • Trust me.